........................................................................................................................................................................................................

Thursday, March 8, 2012

pillow talk

Every few months I find myself making new pillows for our couch.  It's like something in my mind just clicks and before I know what's happened, I've slipped off the two month old covers and I'm picking out new fabric.  Even I know it's an irrational habit, but I can't seem to stop.


Evan has had multiple pillow interventions with me, and we've finally come to an understanding: 2 pillows on the big couch, and 1 pillow on the love seat.  And he can't complain if they're new pillows, so long as they're the right number of pillows.  

For the first time in my life I used piping, and I thought it was kind of the worst thing ever.  I'm not a very precise sewer, and I rarely pin things together, so trying to keep the piping straight and in place was not very fun.  But I like how it turned out.  It makes me feel very grown up, actually.



And in case you didn't believe me about my pillow problem, I found this picture from a few years ago, back when we were living at the farmhouse.  I think it's really funny (and a little bit embarrassing).   I mean, besides the fact that there's really no where to sit, I can't get over all the pastel colors I used.  I've given away most of them (to live in a baby nursery--where they fit right in), but the one in the middle is still going strong.  

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...