It's no secret that I love bunting/banners/garlands. I think they are so happy and fun.
Making some bunting to amp up our birthday festivities was long overdue.
This project was nice and simple. I started by cutting 28 triangles out of some gender-neutral fabric.
I used a freezer paper stencil to get the lettering just right, and used squeezable silk screen paint to fill in the stencil.
After sewing the triangles together, I connected them with some bias tape. I just stuck the pieces inside the fold and zig-zag-stitched the whole thing together.
We just passed Evan's big day, and my Birthday isn't until the end of summer (and I'm pretty sure I'll have to remind Evan to hang it up for me), but I'm glad I finally got it done (I've only had the supplies to make it for a year...), and love how it turned out!
Happy Birthday indeed!