........................................................................................................................................................................................................

Monday, March 19, 2012

Helena


 



 

 
Last week Evan had to last-minute go to Helena for work.  He last-minute invited me, and I last-minute decided to come along.  It was so nice to get out of town and I think I have a small crush on our state's tiny capital city.  Since everything was so last-minute, we brought Gesso along.  It seemed like such a great idea!  I mean, Evan would be gone all day and I would need somebody to hang out with.  And Gesso is getting more mature, certainly he could handle a hotel stay.....
After our first night, I sleepily dropped him off at a pet boarding facility.  Live and learn I suppose.

I'm not much of a city girl.  All the hustle and bustle wears me out in a way that hiking all day never does.  But I made a goal to be good at visiting a city.  I was going to work on being a flexible traveler, good at navigating traffic, people, and spontaneous decisions.   So I walked walked walked around all day, did a little shopping (for thrifted treasures and men (Evan I'm JOKING!!)), and tried to be very flexible about everything.   Not to brag or anything, but I think I got pretty good at it!
I picked up Gesso the last day that we were there and took him sightseeing.  He really appreciated all the neat buildings!!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...