........................................................................................................................................................................................................

Friday, March 2, 2012

march-ing in










March is here!  Oh how I love March.  

::  I was unexpectedly struck with the Spring Cleaning Fever yesterday (highly contagious), and I thought our freshly washed winter woolens looked very cozy this morning.

::  In honor of Leap Day, my favorite thrift store had everything marked at 29% off.  My dream boots were staring at my from across the store.  I ran over as quickly as I could.  The only problem was that they were a size six.  SIX!  So they are headed to my tiny sister in law instead.  Which is probably for the best.  I'm not totally sure what I would wear with shiny turquoise boots anyway.  *sigh*

::  My studio chair died and while we debated on what type of chair to get (wheels? swivel? cushy?), we remembered that, oh yeah, we are just renting.  And what if, when we buy a house, I don't have a studio at all!?  Temporary solution: thrift store chair painted a cheery yellow.  I had to hold my breath as I walked past the blue paint swatches.  I had dared myself to paint it anything but blue.  But then I made a blue seat cushion.  Old habits die hard, I suppose.

::  Gesso is my number one sewing helper.  I was cutting out some flannel for a receiving blanket (I'm pretty sure everyone I know is pregnant/just had a baby), and I left the room for one second to get a drink (or a cookie, I'm not clear on the details), and BAM!  Gesso wants a baby blanket.  I'm pretty sure he would probably just eat it though.

Happy Weekend to you!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...