We had to make a quick stop at the farmer's market to pick up more white peaches. They are unbelievably fantastic.
A few months ago I found a list I'd made last year, right before my birthday. It was 25 things about me. I had plans to post it on the blog but then backed out because it seemed a little self-absorbed, ya know? But after I found the list this time around I reminded myself that that's kind of the point of blogs. They are remarkably self-indulgent. So I'd thought I'd post it a year late:
25 things about 25 year old Holly
1. I can only sew barefoot. It is sometimes quite cold.
2. I lurve the color blue. In any shade. Well, navy isn't my favorite.
3. I have been married to my best friend for 5 years. It really is wonderful.
4. I haven't eaten any type of pork since 3rd grade when I figured out that the main ingredient was pig, which was my favorite animal at the time. I can be pretty stubborn.
5. I hate crossing streams/creeks/rivers on logs or slippery rocks. In fact, I throw big, messy tantrums about it. It is the absolute worst.
6. As it turns out, I don't really like having a job. It gets in the way of stuff I want to do.
7. I graduated with a degree in Art from Utah State University. Which makes me an official artist. I often wonder why I didn't choose a more practical vocation like, well, nursing or something. *shrug*
8. My favorite food is zucchini. I could eat it all day.
9. My favorite snack is smaller portions of zucchini.
10. Okay, but maybe it's actually chocolate.
11. I can't wait to be a mother. I think it's going to be rad.
12. My favorite movie is Amelie, with a close second being The Sound of Music. I have watched it more times than I care to discuss.
13. I love folding laundry.
14. I went through a phase when I was a teenager where I wore nothing but boys cargo pants and big t-shirts. It was interesting.
15. I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. It's a big part of who I am.
16. I like to travel but I also like being home.
17. My mom is a librarian and I blame her for my book-collecting problem (p.s. thanks mom!)
18. I laugh at all my own jokes. Usually way too loud and for way too long.
19. I love baking. And I think cooking is a chore.
20. I have many freckles. And for most of my life thought they were the worst. Now that I am super mature, I have grown to love them! They make me feel spunky. And as a bonus, they hide zits very well.
21. I think numbers are dumb. Evan does the math at our house.
22. I love swimming and was even on the swim team in high school, but have a fear of swimming in natural bodies of water where you can't see the bottom. Eek!! What's down there?!? (answer: sharks)
23. I have a big brother, a little brother, and a baby sister.
24. I was born in Albuquerque, New Mexico and when I moved to Utah in 3rd grade I told everyone that I had just moved from Mexico. I guess this is where I should mention that I'm a pretty good liar. Sometimes not on purpose.
25. I love me some butter. On everything.
and 26. I write so many lists you'd think it was my job.