........................................................................................................................................................................................................

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Christmas in May

This past Christmas, I received a gift card from my work.  It was rather generous, the only catch being that you had to spend it somewhere in "Downtown Billings."  Let me tell you something, Billings doesn't have much of a downtown.  And so it sat in my purse.  And I thought about it a lot.  I'm not one of those patient people you hear about.  I like lists, checking things off lists, and getting things done.  Not much time for patience.

And then one day I got brave.  I wandered into one of the stores downtown that wasn't technically under the umbrella of "Downtown Billings."  And I asked the sweet old lady if my gift card would work there, because hey, it was almost downtown, right?  She gave me a little wink and told me she'd make it work.

Okay!  And so I spent a very snowy Friday in April perusing the best antique store in the world, and came home with some treasures.


Hello globe.  I love that you have curly metal ends holding you in place.  You may live on my mantel.


Oh dear.  I mean deer.  Would you look at this little vixen?!  I think she deserves a terrarium of her very own.  Yes I do.


And a little blue tray.  Oh my.  I love this so much.  It already has a permanent home on top of the microwave and lately has been used for carrying my lunch outside for a little picnic.

These treasures, combined with a pile of books, and some quick thinking by a sweet old lady, equaled the very best antidote to a snowy Spring day.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...