........................................................................................................................................................................................................

Friday, January 21, 2011

The flu, a fuzzy gnome, and a very sad ending

I have been on sick-leave this week.  Flu.  I hate you.  But I think I (well we, because Evan and I like to share everything--including illness) am on the mend, which is great, because the only thing I've been able to do this week is flip through an Ikea magazine.   Like maybe 500 times.   And the blazing fever I had only fueled my urgent desire for another book shelf (I'm thinking this one).  Long story short, being sick makes me want to go furniture shopping.

Anyhoo, last week, before I was ill, I was able to have a serious crafting session with my artsy friend Shelece.  She is good.  And she taught me to felt things.

Meet 'Little Gnomie'.  

I was thinking he could live in my little greenhouse (perfect size!), and be in charge of the pine cone situation.  Well, I was just so pleased with him, and I didn't want him to go live in the greenhouse just yet, so I had him sitting on this table.  Where I could get a good look at him.  Because he made me ridiculously happy.  Which seemed safe enough.  And besides, it was just going to be for a couple of days...

This is where the story gets really sad.  Please go grab a box of tissues.  I'll wait...

Okay.  Are you ready for this?  

Gesso ate him.  You heard me-- Ate.  Him.  *sob*

And I don't really feel like talking about it.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...