........................................................................................................................................................................................................

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Show and tell

This morning I was going through an old portfolio and I discovered a stash of artwork from an illustration class I took. I used to want to be an illustrator of children's books, and I took this great class. We were given a topic or story and then sent home to interpret it however we wanted. It was great fun! But pretty hard. I realized then that I probably don't have the stamina to be an illustrator (they have to pump out ideas so fast!), but I still learned a lot. So I thought I'd share, if you don't mind.

This is princess bubbles. I think I had to interpret a story about a house full of butterflies...? Anyway, those are bubbles in the picture. And if you look really close there are butterflies in the bubbles. I don't know why.

This was our first assignment and the only guidelines were: a pig, some money, and a vacuum. See if you can figure out what is going on in this picture. By the way, that is one of those kids vacuum things full of popping balls. Do they still have those?

This is froggy circus. I don't really remember what the assignment was. But I think it's rather wiggly.

This was an assignment to interpret a story about a man who goes from town to town selling yellow paint that will make you live forever. I think the hills look like watermelons. Yum.

This was an assignment where we had to do a self-portrait of ourselves using an animal (those art teachers are so silly). This is Ostrich Holly. Those are my teeth and eyes on that fuzzy bird. I think this is so funny. And I remember that I giggled through the whole critique.

Alright, thanks for playing show and tell.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...