........................................................................................................................................................................................................

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Lavender hunting


Evan's parents came to town last week (hooray!), and so we did ourselves a little bit of toursiting.  I had really been wanting to visit a lavender farm, and so we did (I'm a selfless hostess, no?)


I can't even begin to describe how amazing it smelled there!  It was so relaxing and I really just felt like curling up and taking a nap between the mounds of lavender in the warm sunshine.   But I guess it doesn't take much for me to want to take a nap these days.....

anyway.


There was a wreath-making class going on, but I knew I could just make one later at home (also, I'm pretty cheap when it comes to overpriced wreath making classes).  

And so yesterday during nap time I very methodically stuck stem after stem of lavender into a little grapevine wreath.  And it goes without saying (but you know I'm going to say it anyway), that it smelled amazing.


Gesso!  What a weirdo.


They were serving lavender lemonade at the farm and oh man, I need to re-create that recipe.  It was something to write home about, if you know what I mean.

p.s. not to brag or anything, but my grandma has a lavender bathroom complete with a lavender toilet.  It is totally awesome.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...