........................................................................................................................................................................................................

Thursday, December 27, 2012

fabric buckets

Umm... nesting is kind of insane.  Our house has never been so clean and organized, I mean, I even scrubbed the not-very-dirty-to-begin-with baseboards.  That has never happened before!  But aside from all the deep cleaning and closet re-organizing that's been taking place,  there has also a bit of a sewing frenzy going on. 

 Enter the fabric bucket:


Or three fabric buckets (because if one is good, three is better?).  

I made these buckets based loosely on this tutorial (I added some height and then figured out an easier way to sew in the lining).  I tried three different types of interfacing:  from the left I used a SUPER heavy pellon one, which I thought was too stiff.  For the middle one I used a medium-weight fusible interfacing that was just perfect (it wasn't too stiff to fold the top edge over, which I liked), and the last one had no interfacing at all.  And it's a little slouchy for my taste.  So long story short, I would recommend using a medium-weight interfacing.



I used up fabric from my stash for the outside and some old curtains from our Billings house for the linings (Maria von Trapp, anyone?).  Can I get a hooray for free projects?


Hooray!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...