........................................................................................................................................................................................................

Monday, November 5, 2012

painted lanterns



I've been working on some projects for the baby room this week (things are really happening in there, people!), and these were simple to make and made me pretty happy.

I had inherited a whole pile of craft-hand-me-downs (craft-me-downs?) from a friend, and there were three white lantern kits that needed some love.  So I broke out my watercolors and decided to give them a little color.  


I mean, I realize that you can buy colorful lanterns, but where's the fun in that?
(answer: there's not any)
 

I opted to not use the light-kits (so many cords!), and instead just tied some ribbon around the frame and stuck them to the ceiling with a couple of push-pins.


Boom!  Lanterns.

(since snapping this picture last week, the lanterns have migrated to the other corner of the room...it must be the weather?)


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...