........................................................................................................................................................................................................

Thursday, October 11, 2012

sweet home :: a stoffice


Evan thinks it should be the studiffice, but I can never remember how to pronounce that.  So stoffice it is!  I feel so lucky to have this room--a little space to make things.  And I get to share it with Evan's 'man corner' (the computer desk...), which means that at night while Evan's doing man stuff (paying the bills...), we can still hang out together.  I know!  It's just a treasure of a room.

I was going to leave this wall blank, but as it turns out, I can't leave walls blank. So I dug through Evan's map box and picked out the *prettiest* maps to hang up instead.  Evan was concerned because according to him, I picked some really lame (but pretty!) map locations to hang up, but really, I don't think they'll be there forever.

I had one of Evan's pictures printed on a canvas last Christmas and I don't think I've ever showed it off before.  He took this with our crappy point-and-shoot-camera early one morning in the Wind River mountains.  No fancy equipment or anything.  I know!  Amazing!  We had another one made up of a different photo but it's hanging in our room.  


For my birthday this year I got a drafting table/drafting lamp/drafting chair.  It was Evan's idea and I thought it was such a good one!  Evan is kind of my number one fan--he is sooo supportive of my creative endeavors.  Whenever we have people over he insists on the complete Holly Art Tour (it can be rather exhausting!) because sometimes I can be a little bit shy about all the stuff I make.  And when I happen to be taking a painting break he kindly suggests that it might be time to go on an art store shopping spree.  It really is so sweet.  And finally having a *real* setup is super exciting.  Now I just need to use it haha!

And if you're wondering where all the supplies are hiding...

they are here.

aaaaaaand here.  I like it because some craft supplies just weren't meant to be organized.  So it's nice to hide them instead :)


This is my little sewing corner and so far I don't miss having a gigantic table to work on.  We found this awesome sewing table at a yard sale shortly after moving here.  There is a real live sewing machine living inside of it!  Proof:
(also, there is captured proof of my list problem above....)

I had to de-smellify it, but shoot, it cleaned up real nice!

Also, I've been told it still works but I haven't tried it out yet.  Probably because I'm kind of scared (the plug is a little bit wire-y).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...