........................................................................................................................................................................................................

Friday, July 27, 2012

Holly the Homeowner

(okay, Evan owns it too.  And okay, technically we don't really own it for lots of years.)

You guys!!  It's closing day and I am so so happy.  Buying a home is so ridiculous--I had no idea!  But we jumped though all of the hoops (just barely) and made it to the other side.

I was going to post some pics of the outside of the house, but after I thought about it, it didn't seem like a very smart thing to do.  I mean, this is the world wide web.  Safety first!



But I couldn't not post any pictures, so here is the road to our house.  It is maybe my favorite part.  It is a newer house nestled in a older neighborhood.  When we first started looking at homes we thought we wanted a charming older house.  But we quickly realized that all the older homes in our budget were not that charming, they were just old.  And would require a lot of work and fixing.  I mean, maybe we'll be up for taking on that type of project later, but for now we needed a functioning house to live in.  So a new house in an old neighborhood seemed like a very nice compromise.

I'm pretty sure this space is about to be overrun with home posts, so get ready!

P.s. Thanks so much for all your sweet comments about our baby news! We are so excited!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...