........................................................................................................................................................................................................

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

poppy painting





When I graduated from college I told my parents that I wanted to paint them a thank-you present.  For all of their financial and emotional support.  And for never telling me how impractical an art degree would end up being (they are good people).   Anyway, I finally got around to it this summer (keep that in mind if you ever ask me to do something: it make take a few years ;).

 My mom had recently remodeled her kitchen/family room and wanted a nice big painting to go over top of the sofa.  Of cheerful poppies.

I painted it last July, after an unsuccessful eye-surgery attempt, with my left eye having a hazy scar right over top of it.   I was really nervous while painting it, mostly because I couldn't see that great, but in the end I really liked how it turned out.  And it was loads of fun to do something totally different than my usual style of painting, something very whimsical.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...