........................................................................................................................................................................................................

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

I stand corrected.



Remember last year when I 'invented' Holly Peanut Butter Cups?  And how I got a little bit cocky and told Reese's to 'eat my shorts'?  hehe.  Well.  I stand corrected.  Because I found a recipe for Reese's peanut butter eggs (remember Easter?), that could totally eat Holly's peanut butter cups shorts.  And they are rocking my very world.


Evan has been gone this week for work which is how these came to be.  When Evan is gone things get really boring around here and the clock ticks extra loud, the appliances hum, and I eat things like a big bowl of raspberries + peanut butter eggs for dinner.  And chocolate covered pomegranate seeds for breakfast (Evan please come home!!).  Anyway, the point is that while Evan is gone I do all sorts of irresponsible things.  Like look for sinful new recipes to try.  And these are the very definition of sin.  So I guess you could say I've been sinning all day.

Peanut Butter Eggs:
adapted from this recipe

filling:
1.5 c. powdered sugar
3/4 c. creamy peanut butter (I like Adam's no-stir.  because I hate stirring peanut butter.  hate.)
2 Tb. butter
1 Tb. milk

coating:
1.5 c. dark chocolate chips
1 Tb. shortening (I know it's weird, but it works!)

Mix together filling ingredients until completely combined.  Roll into little balls (or eggs!) and freeze for about an hour. 

Once frozen, melt chocolate and shortening in the microwave and dip peanut butter balls in chocolate.  Let harden on a sheet of wax paper and then eat them all at once.  I won't judge!



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...