........................................................................................................................................................................................................

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

A pretty pillow and some other nice things.



I just finished this little pillow.  I embroidered around all of the flowers (my fingers hurt), and I think it really makes the pillow *pop*.  I hadn't made a new pillow in quite a while, probably because Evan brought up some really good points about there needing to be room to actually sit on the couch (and okay, there was a bit of a pillow explosion right after getting my sewing machine).  So making this was an absolute treat.

p.s. I got this super awesome chair in 6th grade when I told my mom that for my birthday I wanted a reading chair (nerd alert!).  I still love it so much and thank my 6th grade self every day for having the foresight to pick out a blue chair.


While I had my camera out and since my chores were done, I snapped some more photos of this room where we do our living.


I've had a couple of people ask about these little gems and so I thought it was high time they got an introduction.  These paintings were done many moons ago and celebrate my love of eating.  They were done in oil, and I know it's not fair to play favorites, but they are kind of my favorite.  A few years ago I had them hanging up in a bakery for sale, but decided that I missed them too much so I brought them back home with me.  And this is another example of why I could never be a real painter (read: easily attached).


This is where the colorful books live. The less exciting books live in the study and have serious low self-esteem.  oops.   


This delicious table is another example of inheriting rad furniture from Evan's parents.  It just keeps getting better I tell you!

I love this little house, especially in the morning when it's so very sunny.  And I know it's not full of designer furniture or fancy decor, but it is comfortable and full of good, happy things. Thanks for reading and I hope you have a great day.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...