........................................................................................................................................................................................................

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Home at last


I really do love coming home. And I don't care if that makes me sound boring and routine-oriented.  I have had a very exciting past few weeks and have enjoyed the blogging break (postcards are fun but don't really count...), but now that I am back and currently ignoring my laundry pile, I wanted to do a quick update on what's been going on.  And because I have this weird rule that every post needs a picture, I dug this one up from a few months ago.  And while I was looking around, I noticed that we have very few pictures of us without sunglasses on.  Which is mysterious because maybe we don't even have eyes!  And the sunglasses are just a casual cover-up.  Note to self:  Take more pictures of us with our eyes exposed.


Anyway, this past month I:

::  Ate every meal like it was my last (diet begins today.  Maybe.).

:: Had Lasik eye surgery (which turned out to be just 50% awesome...you may now call me the one-eyed-wonder)

::  Sent Evan off on a two-week work trip.  Which was as terrible as it sounds and only made bearable by a long visit with my lovely family.

::  Spent several days as a 'director' at a girls camp for my church.  Equal parts awesome and exhausting.

::  Spent a week in the mountains at my grandparents cabin.

::  Caught up with old friends.

::  Started several very exciting projects which I can't wait to share with you!

::  Visited a Comedy Club and laughed so hard I cried as I watched my baby brother entertain a packed theater (he gets it from me).

::  Learned that Gesso is deathly afraid of fireworks.

::  Helped welcome home my super cool big brother + wife from a year in Korea.

::  Dusted off my paintbrushes in order to create a masterpiece for my mother's wall.

::  Met my newest nephew!  Little Tosh is a black lab/great dane mix (oh you thought I meant human nephew?)

::  Quit my job.  Because they didn't think me taking a month off of work was as super as I did.  So for now I am going to be an awesome stay-at-home-wife.

::   Visited IKEA!!  And I practiced so much self-control that I treated myself to another lamp (oops!).

::  Drove more miles than I care to remember (driving makes me fussy).

::  Visited more fabric stores than I knew what to do with.  And now I have more fabric than I know what to do with.

Anyway, it's good to be back.  I haven't cooked a meal in 3 weeks and I am so excited to make dinner tonight.  Judge me if you want.  But it's going to be DELICIOUS!!

Thanks for reading and I hope you have a fantastic day.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...