........................................................................................................................................................................................................

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Greetings from Sweatshop HollyHox

Oh hi there!  It's nice to see you.  I have been hiding out in my studio with my feet positioned directly above the air-conditioning vent (summer has arrived!  and it's hot!  and our lawn looks like a piece of burnt toast!), drawing a Lilac. 


This was a commission I picked up while visiting my family in Utah, and since we're headed back down there this weekend, I needed to be speedy about the whole project.  And so our house has been temporarily turned into a sweatshop.


p.s. I secretly LOVE production work.  I love cutting, taping, sealing...I could go on and on.  *sigh* I find it highly relaxing.


And now this tower of Lilacs is headed to a large family gathering of sorts, which makes me very glad. I  love that I get to play a little part in family memory making (even if I don't even know them!).

Okay, back to my vent (my feet are getting warm).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...