........................................................................................................................................................................................................

Friday, February 25, 2011

Dreaming of Spring

Remember how I said that winter was fun?  Well.  I meant it.  I really did.  But as I sit here, it is a balmy -7 degrees out.  And all week my world has looked like a giant snowglobe.  It has been snowing lightly for several days and it has made everything so beautiful and still.  I  love dramatic winters.  I love the hibernation that happens when it is just too cold to go out.  Hot chocolate?  BFF.  Soup?  Same.  Fires?  Yes please.  Evan's winter beard?  Mmmm.

I feel like the majority of my 'making' happens during these cold months.  Once summer hits, it's hard to do much else besides devour popsicles and hang outside.

But this week, as it has been so very wintery, I am a little bit starting to think about Spring.


Thinking about the Spring Quilt (!!) that needs to be made.  My Mom treated me to a fabric shopping spree for my Christmas gift (the very best kind of gift, if you ask me), and I think a Spring quilt is in order.  I haven't been able to cut into this soft, buttery voile yet.  But I washed and pressed it the other day, so it's going to happen.   The fabric is from this lovely shop.  But you probably guessed as much.  I have a serious problem with Anna Maria's fabric.


And I've just begun another indoor gardening venture.  I took quite a break (it was unplanned, but I do think it had something to do with that silly pneumonia...) and I'm ready to get back into the game.   Since this photo was taken, a little sketch has begun to bloom and I'm getting excited.

So yes.  Winter is fun.  Even if it means I'm secretly dreaming of Spring.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...