........................................................................................................................................................................................................

Monday, August 23, 2010

Embroidereading


I finally got around to finishing my Embroidereading Contest submission. I'd been thinking about it all month, wondering what poem/quote I'd finally settle on. And I thought I had decided, and then while I was doodling the layout, I accidentally changed my mind to a Tom Petty song. I know. It happens sometimes. Don't try to fight it.

I think I first heard this song when Evan and I had just begun courting. He put it on a mixed tape for me (how cute is that? And okay, it was actually a mixed CD. But mixed tape sounds more romantic), and I have loved it ever since. Because I think it's the truth. And nothing but the truth.

In fact, whenever I find myself out doing errands in a crowded store or out driving in crazy traffic, this piece of the song comes to my mind. It usually goes something like this:

* car swerves sharply in front of me, cutting me off *

"AAAGHGHH! I don't belong here! Not at all! I belong among the wildflowers!!"

* waiting in line at the supermarket surrounded by celebrity gossip *

"Wildflowers! I need some wildflowers!!"

And it doesn't necessarily make me feel any better. But I love it just the same.


And I felt like placing a 'T' in place of the first name Tom made it seem more legit as a piece of poetry. I don't know why. So just please don't tell Tom.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go find a patch of wildflowers.

You can view the rest of the submissions here .

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...