........................................................................................................................................................................................................

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Kitchen yearnings

Whew. I'm back.

And while I was away, I really missed my kitchen and really really missed cooking. Is that normal?

I think that I mostly just missed being able to assemble a few fresh ingredients and call it dinner.

So guess what happened ten seconds after I walked in the door?

A salad was born.

Asian Noodle Salad
from the Pioneer Woman

Salad Ingredients:
1 package linguine noodles, cooked, rinsed and cooled
1/2 head sliced napa cabbage
1/2 head purple cabbage
1/2 bunch baby spinach
1 whole red pepper, thinly sliced
1 whole orange pepper, thinly sliced
1 bag bean sprouts (also called mung bean sprouts)
chopped cilantro, up to one bunch
scallions
toasted cashews

Dressing ingredients:
1 whole lime, juiced
8 T. olive oil
8 T. soy sauce
2 T. sesame oil
1/3 c. brown sugar
3 T. fresh ginger
2 whole jalapenos chopped
chopped cilantro

Preparation instructions:
Mix salad ingredients together. Whisk dressing ingredients together and pour over salad. Mix with tongs or hands and serve on a platter. Dressing keeps for up to three days before serving.

Serve with a swirly baguette.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...