........................................................................................................................................................................................................

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

It's a Done Deal.



Dresser project 2010 came to a close this afternoon.

This was the little print that was holding up the whole party. It came all the way from Hong Kong (because it was the most perfectly lovely shade of blue. don't you agree?), and it only took three and a half weeks to get here. Patience. I loved the story behind this famous saying. It was originally a propaganda poster commissioned during WWII as assurance from King George VI that all necessary measures were being taken to protect the people, so they need not panic. I thought it was a really nice message, and just as important to remember today. Important enough to put a really large reproduction of it on our dresser. oh boy. But it's just a good reminder for me to 'carry on' whenever I'm feeling a little fussy about something.


This is little Miss Ivy. She is a real sweet gal.

I really like how things turned out. And as Evan pointed out the other night, we have a little garden growing on our dresser. And I think that's a very good thing. Because gardens are nice.

And I'm really sorry for all the home decor talk. It had to happen. I just hope it wasn't half as bad as any of these.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...