........................................................................................................................................................................................................

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Dressing Up

Right before we moved here we purchased a dresser. It was a very exciting day for me and for our clothes. Ya see, we had been living sans dresser for almost 3 years. Unless you count the mini dresser that my Grandpa built for my Dad when he was a baby, which had no handles because they had all been pulled out long ago. I don't count that. And so it was a good day.

And since it had been so long, I had forgotten what to do with a dresser. What do you put on it? Should I buy a big mirror for over the top? Start collecting porcelin dolls and displaying them atop the dresser? I didn't know.

And so everytime I passed by it, I closed my eyes and pretended it wasn't there. Rude. I know.

But now I have mustered up some courage (and inspiration), and have decided to conquer dresser project 2010.

The first step was to sew a runner.

I dug through my 'special scraps' and recovered some Anna Maria fabric that needed a home.

After some quick log cabins, I made the sashing with some dark teal linen. We call this color 'Holly Blue' at our house. Because I love it.


And then, because I wanted to watch the World Cup and I couldn't bring my sewing machine on the couch, I hand stitched around the squares.

Which is the very opposite of lazy. Or something. And so now I have a runner. And I can't wait to show you what happens next! (but I will wait, because not everything is here yet ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...