........................................................................................................................................................................................................

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Indoor gardening

I have been doing some more indoor gardening. Which has been a really good thing to do because it has been far too rainy to do any outdoor gardening. I love love love doing these botanical pictures. I have a plan to do as many as nine and then hang them in a grouping on the way to our atrium. Or indoor greenhouse. That's attached to the music room. Down the hall from the library. But that's a ways away I'm told. So for now, I will work on the drawing.

The inspiration for this one comes from a picture Evan took a couple of years ago. We were out on a bicycle ride in the mountains and we came across a field of these periwinkle-ish beauties. We hadn't seen them before and haven't seen them since. We've been doing some research, and I am positive it's a Camas. Evan is not so sure about my conclusion (and he is far more knowledgeable about wildflowers than I), but he thinks that it is in the lily family, so I must be close.

And if it keeps on raining every day, I am sure I will have pictures to post of the completed flower (Camas?) soon.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...