........................................................................................................................................................................................................

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Introducing...

...Holly the Botanical Artist!

I have always admired old botanical prints and always felt that someday I would settle down and create some of my own. After making Evan's desert garden, I was pretty much hooked. And I wanted to do more.

So after moving to Montana and feeling a little bit lonely (Evan, please quit your job and hang out with me everyday again...we can live on love!) and having no big responsibilities, I started drawing. First a Lupine,



then a magenta Paintbrush,

and I rounded it off with some Toadflax. It is also sometimes called Butter and Eggs, which makes me smile.


And because I'm trying to do more things that scare me, I decided to try and sell some prints. So I started a little online shop and I hope people will like them. And if they don't, I know what everyone in my family is getting for Christmas this year.

And because I like you guys (seriously! I love that you guys visit this space and leave nice little comments, both written and verbal...it's pretty sweet!), I'm going to be giving one of these prints away to one of you.

Simply add a comment to this post by Thursday, May 6, and be sure to specify which print you would like.

For those of you without a google account, you can comment as 'anonymous', but be sure to leave your contact info (name, email, & social security number...joking).

Okay? Okay.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...