........................................................................................................................................................................................................

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Evan strikes again!


I like my brownies chewy. As in, I only like the edge pieces and corner pieces. I have been known to eat my way around the edge of a pan of brownies and leave the soft gooey center for the next guy.

On a regular basis.

And so Evan, master of baking gifts, got me this special little pan. And I love it. Love love. Love. It.

My ex-landlady (we had to break up, the distance was too hard) from our last house was over and spotted the pan in the sink. She was stumped. I explained to her what the pan was for and the necessity of it in my life. Her eyes got wide as she took this information in. When I got to the part about how every piece tastes like a chewy edge piece, she quickly interjected "why else would you eat a brownie?"

She understood completely.

And so this post is for Jackie. I dedicate it to her and all other brownie-edgers out there.

The pan was ordered from here. And it is the sturdiest baking pan I have every encountered. Sturdy stuff. And slippery, too! The brownies slide right out, and into my mouth.

It comes with its own spatula. Nice.


And the recipe is from my Mom. She taught me everything I know about brownies. Except that she likes the gooey middle pieces. Why? I don't know. But I do know that together we can perfectly polish off a pan of brownies.

Brownies from heaven
Ingredients
4 eggs
2 c. sugar
1 c. butter, melted
1 1/2 c. flour
2/3 c. dark cocoa
1/2 t. salt
2 t. vanilla

Directions
Beat eggs slightly. Blend with sugar and melted butter. Combine flour, cocoa, and salt. Add to butter mixture. Stir in vanilla. Pour in lightly greased 9x13 inch pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes.

Share with someone you love.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...