........................................................................................................................................................................................................

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Advent adventure

I'm making an advent calender. I expect to have it ready by next Christmas, so that is why I am starting in February. I really wanted to make this one, and put candy in the pockets, but Evan didn't think it looked very fun. Also, he doesn't love candy as much as I do.

He remembered one from his younger days where you got to put an ornament on a Christmas tree each day. He convinced me it was waaaayyy funner than eating candy. So now I am making an advent calender with little embroidered ornaments, and then eventually I will make or sew or buy a tree to hang them on. Does this sound vague? It is. I'm really not into planning things out before hand. Evan was a sport and helped me brainstorm 25 Christmas-y things to embroider.
Holly and Evan List:
1. Tree
2. Cup of Cocoa
3. Stocking
4. Santa Hat
5. Poinsettia flower
6. Candle
7. Gingerbread man
8. Candy Cane
9. Star
10. Ski
11. Snowflake
12. Sprig of holly
13. Wreath
14. Present
15. Sleigh
16. Bell
17. Snowman
18. Dove (peace)
19. Mitten
20. Reindeer
21. Angel
22. Mistletoe
23. Gingerbread house
24. Orange
25. Baby Jesus
Evan only List:
1. Beard
2. Wal-Mart
3. Mashed potatoes
4. Angry shopper
5. ipod
6. Straw (from the manger...)
7. G.I. Joe

And I can still eat candy. For all 25 days. It was part of the compromise :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...