........................................................................................................................................................................................................

Friday, January 29, 2010

An early Valentine

I'm not really obsessed with Valentine's Day. I mean, don't get me wrong, I love speciality chocolate and people showering me with love notes, but that's only human. I guess I don't like holidays that put a lot of pressure on your loved ones to make you feel extra loved, when it's pretty obvious they love you everyday anyway. So I was a little hesitant to make my first Valentine's Day decoration. But I like to make things. And winter is hard. There is a lot of time spent indoors, twiddling thumbs, waiting for snow. And when it doesn't snow...I have no choice but to get crafty. So here we have a Valentine Garland. Don't judge me.

It all started with red felt. I couldn't help it. I cut out some different shapes of hearts and then traced them onto the red felt. And snip-snip they were cut out.

A cozy blanket stitch bound two hearts together (am I a poet?).

And here we have a heart.

I strung the hearts onto a piece of embroidery floss and hung them on the mantle. For everyone to see.

I like it. I'm looking forward to how it will bring some cheer into cold, dark February. Happy early Valentine's Day. And if you make one too, I won't judge.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...